Friday 5 July 2013

Mr. & Mrs. Carter - Part II (On The Run)

Jay & Bey

Jay-Z's 12th solo studio album, Magna Carta Holy Grail, was released on the 4th of July exclusively to Samsung users. Or so they thought. Through an app on Samsung devices, at midnight (U.S. EST), the album was unlocked to those subscribers. Unfortunately, for a number of fans, the app crashed and by the time they were able to receive the album it was already on the Web for the world too. Anyway...

The album itself has been labelled as rushed, amazing, a poor effort, his best since The Black Album, worse than The Blueprint 3 and I've seen a few people on Twitter call it a classic. A classic? It's only been out two days!

Obviously these are all opinions and I'm not even going to discuss the album. But I do want to mention one track that I was expecting to hear a lot more about but haven't. Jay and Bey making "Part II (On The Run)". Personally, I think it's a standout song on the album and a great sequel to "'03 Bonnie & Clyde". Beyoncé sounds great on the laid back beat and I think she stole the song.

Here it is, along with their first collaboration beneath.








2 comments: