Tuesday 25 March 2014

Above The Rim 20 Year Anniversary

ATR

20 years ago, this past Sunday (23rd), one of my favourite movies was released. If you were heavily in to basketball and listened to Hip-Hop in 1994, I daresay you watched "Above The Rim" too.

It also had a brilliant soundtrack that was very West Coast inspired despite the film being set in New York. Executive produced by Dr. Dre, the album had a slew of breakout hits including the obvious "Regulate" by Warren G. & Nate Dogg. The Lady Of Rage (album version is better), O.F.T.B., 2nd II None, SWV and Tupac's crew Thuglife and more all had accompanying videos for their singles and I've included them below.

The movie and soundtrack always bring back great memories and, in fact, I think I'll watch it again today.









No comments:

Post a Comment